On any given day, you're picking up your favorite drink, putting gas in your car, grabbing some cash from the ATM, shopping for a new pair of shoes or sitting down for a nice lunch at your favorite restaurant.
What do all these have in common?
They all end with sales receipt....
So, where's the danger in that?
It's actually on your fingertips!
What consumers don't know is that those receipts contain a heavy dose of BPA (Bisphenol - A) that can affect hormonal health.
Toxicity Found In Sales Receipts
In a 2014 study published in the journal, PLOS ONE, researchers confirmed that cash register receipts contained high levels of bisphenol A. This synthetic toxic chemical is a known carcinogen and endocrine disruptor with a wide range of adverse health effects, including male and female infertility.
Since BPA was recently banned in plastic water bottles and baby toys because of the serious long term risks it poses, why does it remain hidden in every sales transaction we complete day in day out?
The secret is in the thermal paper. BPA is the powdery film on the surface of the receipt that makes it smear and feel smooth...... (don't go and do this, now!)
As a powder, it's easily transferred onto your skin, therefore, into your bloodstream and then you're instantly exposed! In fact, the same study showed immediate BPA blood level spikes the minute participants touched a receipt.
BPA Toxicity and Hormonal Health
Bisphenol-A (BPA) really messes with hormones, especially estrogen.
Because BPA can mimic estrogen and accelerate toxic cell growth, small and repetitive exposure can have amplified effects on estrogen dominant conditions such as fibroids, PMS and endometriosis.
On top of that, studies from Jinlin Medical College in China and UC San Francisco discovered that long term exposure of BPA can lead to functional changes in ovaries, uterus and vagina, which have been linked to infertility as well.
Our bodies are now suffering the repercussions of environmental damage caused by decades of manufacturing in the synthetic age.
And, we do pass this toxicity along to our offspring!